MARSEILLE, THE BOOMING DESTINATION IN PROVENCE
In less than two decades, France’s oldest and second largest city has jumped on the 21st century bandwagon to become an innovative economic and cultural metropolis, at the forefront of revolutions in sustainable development and eco-responsibility. This ambition has been reinforced by the World Conservation Congress held in September 2021, the results of which can be seen in the labels and certifications awarded (Green Key label, ISO 20121 certification, GDS Index, Ecotable label). These labels are required for the hosting of six Rugby World Cup matches in 2023, as well as for the Regatta during the 2024 Olympic Games. These two events confirm that Marseille is now a major player in the international event industry. Land of international events, third French City at the ICCA ranking - International Congress & Convention Association, in 10 years, the number of events hosted in Aix Marseille has been multiplied by 3 thanks to its 4 convention centres located in the city center and outstanding venues (Casa Delauze, Château La Coste, Chateau Pont Royal, Mx Marseille, Mucem, museum, Orange Vélodrome Stadium, Les Halles de la Major...)
Between the Mediterranean Sea and the Sainte-Victoire Mountain, the territory of Aix-Marseille Metropolis offers business tourism and congresses a vast choice of places activities and team building options.
Download our meeting and planner !
FOR YOUR EVENT, CHOOSE AIX-MARSEILLE PROVENCE, THE ATTRACTIVE DESTINATION
SPECIAL INTEREST / WHAT’S NEWS?
- Sky Center: World Trade Center Marseille Provence The Sky center - la "Marseillaise" Tower. A 30th storey brandly new skyscraper: 135 m high. With 900 sqm area, high-techbusiness event. Up to 250 personsfor dinner and for cocktail up to 500 persons. New: 150 sq.m. of outside space «the terrace» with panoramic view of Marseille and its surroundings. Delivery in early 2023.
- Le Mx Marseille: New venue which can host between 100 up to 600 guests. The Mx... refers to the "mix of flavors" of pastis, but also a mix of people, scents, places of sale and experiences. The "M" refers directly to our city, the city of Pernod-Ricard and of the Mx: Marseille. • The Mx... brings together the xtra & the ordinary around a lively, dynamic atmosphere that stands out for its warmth, friendliness and boldness. The Mx... allows to mix and mingle. It is a meeting place open to all where cocktails and pastis seduce everyone. • Le Mx...pays tribute to a rich past that serves today as a basis for building the future. • Le Mx... is a mixture of emotions that are never the same, unique moments of sharing, but also and above all, a journey into the past, revisited to the taste of the present offering beautiful perspectives for the future.
- The Cosquer Méditerannée: is the only submerged rock painted cave in the world. The original site is protected and inaccessible to the public. An identical reproduction....has been made. Cosquer Méditérranée is an innovative way of visiting the cave, with a restaurant, an amphitheatre and rooms for events and education.
- Hotel Châteauform' Marseille Longchamp : before being dedicated to corporate events, the hotel was for a long time the property of a line of rich industrialists. A visit to the Museum of Fine Arts is included in the package to echo the theme of the house and the cultural dynamism of the city of Marseille.
- The rooftop Artplexe Canebière: located above the new cinema complex on Marseille's most emblematic avenue, La Canebiere.
- Next Opening - Crowne Plaza Marseille Hotel 4*. The Crowne Plaza Marseille 4* from the IHG group, will open in May 2023 in the north of the city. 138 rooms with a refined style, a Cucina Victoria restaurant with bar and coworking space, a fitness center, a parking, an outdoor pool and three meeting rooms with natural light.
- Mucem : National museum, floating between the water and sky, the Mucem (Museum of Civilisations from Europe and the Mediterranean) combines the renovation of one of the oldest and most spectacular historic monuments of Marseille, Fort Saint-Jean, with the construction of a magnificent contemporary building designed by Rudy Ricciotti.
- Château La Coste : 15 km from Aix en Provence is a 200 hectare Organic vineyard where Wine, Art & Architecture live in harmony. Villa La Coste : our 5* PALACE hotel, 5 restaurants & terraces, guided visits, tastings, meeting spaces up to 300 guests and exclusive events up to 4000 guests will make your stay as any good wine vintage …unique and memorable.
- The Hôtel de Caumont - Centre d'Art : dates from 18th century, is one of the most beautiful private mansions of Aix-en-Provence. The art center holds major temporary exhibitions devoted to the great Master of Art History. The mansion’s elegant décor is ideal for hosting cocktail and dinner parties.
ACCOMMODATION : 9 761 rooms
|Number of hotels||37||21||4|
|Number of rooms||2780||2279||364|
|Capacity of the largest||162||210||194|
Aix-Marseille Provence Convention Bureau
Tél : +33 (0)4 91 13 89 25
Aix-Marseille Provence Convention Bureau