1. A diversified high-performance infrastructures: A wide array of top choices for your venues, ranging from heritage estates to modular, state-of-the art sites. Let Toulouse inspire your events!
2. Accommodation to fit all needs and criteria: our local network of professional is eager to welcome you! With over 14,500 rooms spanning from well-known hotel chains to independent owners & boutique residences, the fleet is mostly composed of renovated or recent establishments.
3. Easy access from abroad: Capital of the south western region of Occitanie, Toulouse is only one hour from Paris by plan. And by route, Toulouse is just 1h00 from the Pyrenees, 1h30 from the Mediterranean coats and 2 hours from the Atlantic Ocean
4. A powerful economic environment: Globally renowned for its aeronautics and space industry, Toulouse is booming, attracting companies at the forefront of health, biotechnologies, nanotechnologies, robotics ... Let your events take place in the heart of a stimulating ecosystem.
5. A Virtuous Scientific Ecosystem: The history of Toulouse began 2000 years ago and today the future is already being written. Toulouse is a city that inspires and sprouts talent. Its numerous researchers, engineers and students are sharing knowledge and cross-fertilizing practices inside this truly unique knowledge-hub.
6. An unequaled "lifestyle": Effervescent, favorite city for students ... Toulouse capitalizes on its youth, its dynamism and its south-west way of living. from the Capitole to the Garonne, the pink city invites you to discover its 2,000 years of history, its terraces, gastronomy and rugby spirit. Toulouse is just like its weather and its inhabitants: warm and festive!
7. A network of professionals: Toulouse’s Convention Bureau will efficiently link you to all convention and exhibition venues, hotels, agencies, diner gala venues, caterers, transport, technical & logistical service providers .
8. Top 50 European congress destination: the Pink City has been steadily climbing the international ICCA ranking of destinations of excellence for hosting scientific congresses (International Congress and Convention Association). From the 130th worldwide position in 2017, Toulouse made a leap forward to the 87th place. And it now just joined the top 50th list at European level.
9. The hidden gem of European city breaks: While other big French cities have already been the subject of much attention, it is now Toulouse's turn to get noticed! Come and discover this hidden treasure
10. CVB Personalized support: A dedicated team, expert in its fields is at your disposal helping you Organize your tailor-made event The Convention Bureau offers completely free advice and services to facilitate your first steps in the city and support your project.
TOULOUSE IN FIGURES
o 4th largest city in France
o Capital of the Occitanie region
o Situated 681km south of Paris, 110km from the ski resorts of the Pyrenees, 150km from the Mediterranean Sea and 250km from the Atlantic Ocean
o 472,000 inhabitants in Toulouse
o 1.3 million inhabitants across the urban area
o N° 1 in the world for the aeronautics industry o International airport (9 million passengers a year):
• Situated 20 minutes from the city centre;
• 15 direct routes to international Hubs
o 2,031 hours of sunshine on average per year o 638mm of rainfall on average per year
A knowledge hub
Toulouse tests, experiments, develops, innovates… The Technopole is up there with the very best urban hubs in Europe and its local area is home to major economic projects and world-leading companies: Airbus, ATR, Thales, Actia, Evotec and even NXP. The global capital of the aeronautics industry, at the cutting edge of the Space and digital sectors, transports and mobility of tomorrow and technologies of the future, its unique ecosystem is particularly adept at inspiring the work of businesses, universities and research centres.
Quite a history
Whether you are visiting Toulouse for the very first time or you are a regular, the beauty of the Ville Rose is always astounding. Its architecture is dominated by brickwork and Roman tiles, three sites feature on the UNESCO World Heritage list, its museums recount two thousand years of history, around one hundred private mansion houses recall the charm of the Golden Age of pastel, this unusual plant that was grown in the XVI Century for its blue pigment…without forgetting the allure of its well-preserved façades and narrow streets.
A metropolis of nature
Modern and cosmopolitan, Toulouse nevertheless remains on a human scale and can be easily explored on foot, by bike or aboard a boat along its waterways. The River Garonne is loved because of the exceptional setting it provides. Alongside the dome of La Grave, this is the most photographed spot in town. The parks provide space for nature and relaxation, as does the Canal du Midi that is a World Heritage site. We shouldn’t forget the emblematic Toulouse violet either, cultivated for its colour and delicate fragrance and used in confectionary and beauty products.
Take your time
The Ville Rose is convivial: we love to stroll through the market or past the boutiques, linger on the terrace of a café and settle in at table. Whether at a Toulouse wine cellar, a local café, one of the ten Michelin star eateries or in the home of a local, the city can also be explored on a plate. Toulouse does all its shopping in the region and showcases the numerous high-quality local products. To name just a few specialities: foie gras, cassoulet, Toulouse sausage, cheese from the Pyrenees and wines from the South-West, to be found at market stalls or taken to new heights by our chefs.
Close to Spain, Toulouse is a youthful city, active and bustling. Night owls and culture vultures should know that not a day goes by without an unmissable event occurring! You should experience the festive ambiance of a concert on the street or a soirée at a guinguette bistro by the Garonne, take in a rugby match with Stade Toulousain, admire the often ephemeral graffiti created at the Rose Béton or Latino Graff festivals, lose yourself in the crowd at the Rio Loco or Bikini festivals or attend a lively parade during the Carnival.
The scientific adventure
From the Éole of Clément Ader to the A380 and A350, Toulouse knows how to be daring and is worthy of its title as global capital of aeronautics. Visitors themselves will have the opportunity to awaken their curiosity. The Universe is on display at the Cité de l’Espace, the exploits of legendary aircraft can be explored at the assembly lines of Airbus, at the Aeroscopia Museum or at the new Runway of Giants site. Finally, the possibilities for having fun with science are endless at Le Muséum and the Quai des Savoirs.
An Occitan capital
Toulouse is the capital of the Occitanie region and its geographical location lends itself perfectly to escaping the urban environment in order to discover numerous exceptional sites, listed as « Grands Sites Occitanie » or « Most Beautiful Villages in France ». Montpellier, Albi, Carcassonne, but also the Pyrenees… the treasures of history and architecture, as well as the breathtaking natural scenery, are all yours.